Technical Support Representative
Location: Adroit Technologies (ATWS) – Kamloops, BC
Salary: Will commensurate with experience. Subject to 3 month probationary period and achievement of 3 month goals. Eligible for benefits after 3 months.
Schedule: Part-Time to Full-Time, Permanent. Primarily, Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Availability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed.
Adroit Technologies (ATWS) is a locally owned and operated full-service marketing and technology service provider. The market that Adroit Technologies tends to serve is small to medium sized companies, located in and around Kamloops, British Columbia. We strive to be a well-regarded industry leader that provides a value to clients by providing solutions to all of their business needs in one place.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assess and troubleshooting an incident and providing a solution
- Complete daily systems checks
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware via email, telephone, internal ticketing system, and supervisors in a timely, and courteous manner
- Build rapport and obtain problem details from helpdesk customers
- Prioritize, schedule problems, and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
- Record, track, and document the help desk request and problem-solving process within the HelpDesk system
- Apply diagnostic tools to aid in troubleshooting
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed
- Document problems and resolutions for future reference
- Maintain open communication with team members and direct supervisor
- Identify and learn, and apply appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level; including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications both onsite and remotely
- Perform hands-on hardware repairs, installations, and custom builds of complete workstations to specification, and when needed, train end users
- Build/Deploy and Clean up computers/mobile devices
- Setup/Configure/Troubleshoot remote job sites
- Adhere to policies and procedures outlined in the Adroit Technologies manual
- Travel to different job sites on a regular basis (mileage reimbursement will be provided)
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to think logically and analytically, and provide a solution
- Customer service skills are essential for this position as you will engage with our clients daily
- Understanding of how software and operating systems (Windows, OSX) work (Linux experience is an asset)
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with team members to establish what the problem is and the ability to troubleshoot and if needed explain the solution
- The ability to maintain productivity under stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize your workload while maintaining patience with an endless stream of incoming requests
- Attention to detail even in circumstances where time is of importance
- Be honest, trustworthy, and have the ability to keep information confidential
- Possess strong organizational skills, and have the ability to prioritize workload and execute decisions in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to explain complex technical concepts clearly to staff, management, and end users
- Applicants should possess a driving sense of urgency with respect to teammate and client satisfaction; no problem should ever be too big or too small
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and configuring common IT technology, including (but not limited to) scanners, printers, and routers, mobile phones and office phone systems
- Understanding of networking and how to setup a network
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Great attitude!
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Great attitude, works well with others
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s’ license and own reliable vehicle for travel as required
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to: lifting equipment (up to 60 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, walking, and some limited climbing (e.g. up a ladder)
Preferred or Recommended Post-Secondary Credentials
Preference will be given to applicants with a degree or diploma in a related field from an accredited college or university with 1-2+ years of work experience.
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is mostly sedentary in nature, with prolonged periods of time in front of a computer, but may require some trips to client locations. Applicant should have good vision as they will be performing almost all of their work on a computer. Applicant may be working in close proximity to other staff and clients.
If you are a motivated, analytical self-starter who enjoys working in a team atmosphere, we’d love to hear from you!
Drop us a resume and come find out what it means to be a Technology Ninja!
Please send resumes to email@example.com